Sunday, 20 October 2019

[weekly review] W42 2019

Thoughts

Heading for a week long getaway next week. So I wont trade during this period. Instead i will be thinking of the key task for me to build up after i did some inflow-outflow plotting last week (here).
Reflecting, personally I need to prioritise my tasks:

  • understanding of CPF. needed to know what are the things i need to build up more because CPF does not settle, and reduce those i am doing that CPF will take care of.
  • need to review my insurance policies.  This clean up is important to reduce the uncertainty i am exposing myself to, and also to cut off unnecessary policies.
  • Budget. I know I cannot save my way to a millionaire ( though i think it is possible), but i need to rein in on my spending, because reducing spending helps me achieve financial independence early in two ways: i)Save more, save faster; ii) make the dollar last longer
  • Start trading wider markets, and build up real investment skills. This is about building a stronger stream of income as i also realised that i could expose myself to more risk in exchange for higher expected returns, because of my job security.
hope to come back refreshed!


My Investment portfolio is here

Transactions
Ascott Reit. Triggered EP as part of my stock scan (here) so enter as a normal uptrending trade.  There were a number of REITS that were breaking higher but i chose this to enter because this counter had a higher yield compared to the other higher quality ones.


Trading Positions
AEM. This counter also also in my stock scan last week (here). I have been holding this for a long while, but didnt sell because i procrastinated too much. LOL


ThaiBev. If you read my post last week (here), this was among my trading positions, the most bleak of trades, but i held onto it as the up trend still in tact. I know i have been ill-disciplined in sticking to the rules i have.... but this seems to be playing out well.


PanUnited. thinly traded counter. I have some "fundamentals" in this but i don't know if it is really legit or not. but nonetheless this is still uptrending.


SunMoonFood. Last week's FOMO trade, price trading before the 6c point so will observe the next 2 weeks if break higher can stay on, if break lower or still consolidating in 10 working days. i will exit it on 1st week of nov.

No comments:

Post a Comment