Thought
This is amazing, I have posted weekly for the entire of 2017!
I must say that there were some lazy weeks, and some weeks where these weekly updates made me enter/exit trades that i would not have otherwise. Overall, i would still have done it as part of documenting my development as a trader-investor who is working towards earning an alternative stream of income.
Milestone Achieved!
Just like to share an important milestone, that since I made my first transaction in DBS on end Dec 2015 ( about 2 years ago- see here), I have doubled my overall assets! While i think i have merely broken even on trading (realised gains), my dividends over these two years amount to about $9K while my cash holdings earn about 1.7% in my OCBC 360 account.
Transaction
Starhub. BOUGHT as income asset. This is part of my intention to beef up my income assets as it has been reduced by quite a bit as I unloaded a few huge holdings to realize cap gains since the start of the year.
Looking forward, starhub's dividends will be reduced to about 5.4%. Using Singtel's dividends (yield of 4.6%) as a reference point, include some discounts ( as it is no number one in this industry) I appriased its value to be $3.40 or so.
TA-wise, I entered this counter because price has risen above 200ma, consolidated for awhile before its recent spike up. The last few days, there were some consolidation movement, so i spotted a base and entered it at there.
Summing Up
I am less than a third of my liquid assets in income counters, with a very smallish 3.3% in a cap gain counter. With nearly 70% in cash, I am taking December to spot for income assets and also fine-tune my overall strategy, pen it down to crystal my thoughts. Will share with all once i am done.

No comments:
Post a Comment