Foreword
TL;DR save more, increase income asset, move to longer term growth counters.
Main
Save more. I've managed to spend less 20% through being more mindful in my expenditure. Through my meagre pay increment, saving up all my bonuses, and unfortunately not being able to go on holiday. I saved nearly double of what I did last year (including dividends gained).I'm looking to change my lifestyle for 2017, which will be to reduce eating out unnecessarily ( whenever possible) and eating more healthily. I currently eat out most of my meals and I meet my friends quite often. So I'm hoping to be more disciplined, aiming to reduce my expenditure from 1.1k per month to 700 per month
Increasing income assets. Looking back on my portfolio, I can safely say my dividend portfolio performed well, I'm looking to therefore increase another 1 more counter ( +5%) and reinvesting my dividends into one of the holdings.
Longer term growth counters. I've been trading a bit too much ( noble, acromec, this ok, etc) I'm hoping to enter into counters that trend up over a longer time frame, instead of trading in one to two week time frames. This will be in line with my idea of more passive investing. I feel this aspect need to manage by sizing resources right. E.g. If I enter such counters instead of a 8 to10k per trade, I'm looking at lowering it to 4 to 5k, so losing $500 (10%+) this will allow a loose sl, allowing me to be in play longer, riding out serious bumps. I also need to use come up with a more precise formula.
Summary
over the next few weeks, i hope to achieve:
i) goal setting for my expenditures;
ii) reviewing income assets, identifying new counters to enter and to increase investments
iii) setting more long term "growth" strategy. moving it towards 3 month play, and sizing my positions properly.
No comments:
Post a Comment