Summary of action
1) need to review soilbuild biz reit
2) traded hyflux at a lost of $150+
3) bought GLP close to trough at $1.765
Thoughts for the week
I had actually prepared a Powerpoint presentation on stock picks for trading that had indicators which demonstrated potential uptrend for 2-3week but was a bit lazy to type a post to publish it.
Running through it now, i should have placed a SL, EP and TP and timeframe for trading. then measure it without actually entering the trade.
Once i have perfected a close to 65% accuracy on the stock picks i will then use it as a basis for my trading. purpose. so right now i will sit tight and accumulate cash or make investments.
thinking about it, it will be timely to publish a performance of my holdings in cash, money pumped into equities, current assets (cash and equities)
Thoughts on soilbuild: bought 73c now 68.5c
My holdings in sb biz reit is looking at a lost of 500$. This had triggered my thoughts on whether as to accumulate or sell off to preserve capital. Using a trader view, I shld drop off the shares to cut loss and sleep well. But the investor me tells me to accumulate on dips as an opportunity to increase my future dividend earnings.
My initial thoughts on why I bought sb biz reit was because of its attractive dividend yield then at 9% and the considerable discount it took from the bad economy. I figured that even with a drop of DPU in a bad year, the reit would still serve a relatively respectable div yield of 6% of my buy price. The long term view was that the div pay out would return to a respectable rate and I would be able to receive not only dividend but also capital appreciation.
The current situation does make me think about whether a pure buy and accumulate strategy is worth it for dividend... I'm considering the case for my dividend strategy to be revised as I've not really thought through it clearly yet.
Hyflux: entered at 56c, exited at 55c with lost of ~$150
I bought Hyflux upon the good news that the company will show good markets in annual/quarter report. For the first day it did indeed rise in price but next day took a beating. Hind sight being perfect, I should have taken profit by selling it off earning that $100 instead of losing $150.
GLP: entered at $1.765, currently at $1.825, SL $1.74, TP $2
Bought GLP initially as a quick trade to capitalize on the selldown and then trying to sell off at for quik profit. withint 2 days it hit $1.92 but i didnt sell off as i didnt set a TP.
Have been monitoring GLP for a long time as it has fallen from its high price of $3 down to $1.5 then bounce back to nearly $2 before the recent drop to $1.7. Currently at the price of $1.8 is about a 3% increase from my buy price, and with the declared dividend of 6c which gives me an effective dividend yield of 3.40 % and a possible upside of around $2.2 ( consensus TP from the different broker houses) i can foresee a long position on it. I am targeting a >10% increase in price per year. Will try to accumulate more of this growth position at intervals up to $1.9 throughout the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment