Saturday, 3 March 2018

[weekly review] ww9 2018 - FOMO losses

Thoughts
Last Friday, i shared about how i FOMO-ed and entered Creative... subsequently I exited the position only to realize I selected buy instead of sell 😂 ...  the next day I sold all the position at  a loss of 745... only to see it rebound at the end of the day. From here I could see how emotions got the better of me, played me and made me lose logic. looking at the root cause, it all started with my FOMO. oh well, better learn from this!
Transactions
Creative. ACCIDENTALLY doubled up and then exited to reduce volatility! $-745 mistake! that if i didn't panicked would have been a 4 digit profit!!! so let me illustrate how did it happen...  I entered at the highs on friday late afternoon hence i had to suck 600 losses over the weekend, price shot up like crazy on monday, but when the price had a big move down.... i decided to sell off.... but then i realized that it was a BUY instead of sell that i clicked.... so next day on opening (see 3) i exited with that loss, only for it to return back above... But I do not regret because i significantly reduced my volatility that affected my mental state. Indeed, now i think back, it was a mistake build upon mistake by different types of fear unfortunately.

AEM. Bought for Capital Gains. I am bullish biased for this counter. TA-wise, the daily charts show:  an ascending triangle (Set-up) after the financial report release since last friday after markets closed. Secondly, I already own some of this counter and have some good profits as buffer, so i was just looking for a scale-up (see my trading strategy).

Coupled with the fact that at a shorter time frame, the price was converging around the $6.4 to 6.6 region and some small build up before the 6.6 resistance. it was a set-up within a set-up.. i highly believe that there will be some upwards movement next week or so as it has consolidated a fair bit this week already.

Logical analysis-wise, the market over-reacted on monday and subsequently sell down after the initial euphoria.... however immediately after was too volatile for me to enter as i was waiting for some sort of "gap filling" as traders/investors/speculators bet on positive price factors due to the improved price liquidity and the cycle of profit taking-accumulation by investors.. so i will see those zig-saw upwards movement, as it inches closer to the $7 mark.

Creative. Bought for capital growth. Spotted some consolidation at the super short time frame (see the box areas) coupled with the moves supported by strong volume. I i am in for a ride and now but with a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment