Since Jan 2016. because not everyone likes to listen to 'investment' or 'trading' talk, so i pen my thoughts down here.
Monday, 24 April 2017
[lessons] the power of focus
Every weekend passes by so quickly.... and I always end it by ironing my week's supply of work shirts. Incredibly, I've improved in my ironing shirt timings... Every week I iron 8 pieces ( 4shirts n 4 pants), I remembered I used to take like 1.5hr ironing them. And there would be some creased still!
So I went into YouTube and checked out how to iron as fast as possible. After that I tried and indeed from 1.5hrs, it reduced to 1hr! Because I ironed where needed in the most efficient way. Subsequently week after week, I became faster till I reached 35 to45min! And for a long long long time, I thought this was the fastest I could go. Then today, I had an ultra busy day of going to my friend's housewarming followed by checking out the hipster artbox on it's last day! I so didn't had enough time to do the things I wanted to do over the weekend! Stocks scanning and my banking stuff. So quickly, I sprinkled water and flipped my shirts and pants into position and then started ironing! And I started with the pants (lowest heat) followed by the shirts ( higher heat) and soon within 20 or 25mins I was done! And in the mean time I actually manages to boil some eggs for supper!
This must be the power of focus! Sometimes being good is not enough, to get that extra edge we need to be focused Too!I will try this on my work, so I can be focused and then quick be done with it, so I never spend another hour more at work!And also in my investments. Where this year my focus will be on value counters and also income assets instead of speculative counters which I feel are sapping off too much of my attention for too little profits.
Nonetheless it was definitely beneficial for me to learn so much on technical analysis ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment