Sunday, 1 May 2016

[lesson] To be able to track and have due process

This post, I will post about two things:
1) On Indicators and status to track: e.g. Total assets, % in equities, capital vested, existing value and the likes of it.
2)On selection process: Long-term, short-term investment or trading.

The above is still something i am learning, hence it will be refined and updated.

1. Indicators and StatusWhat you cannot quantify, you cannot improve upon. it is therefore important to track the different indicators that affect my financial health.

Though retirement is about maintaining a good quality of living, it is unavoidably linked to money. It is through money that a certain quality of living is maintained,  this can be helped with inculcating good habits at young age. I will focus also on updating the assumptions i've made on my living expenses and stuff.

2. Selection Process
I realized that although i have some concepts firmed up in my mind, I did not put it in writing to crystalize the process and record the intent of these concepts for subsequent reference. This becomes quite dangerous as during times of panic, I actually ignore these concepts and plans, making bad decisions. Or sometimes get too caught up with the euphoria of trading for a quick buck that i make a rash decision.

the process will be to identify:
i. the opportunities;
ii. the timeframe of the opportunities;
iii. whether is it a trade or an investment
vi. the stop loss and exit price.

No comments:

Post a Comment