Back ground info
I realised that hph trust is volatile counter with variations of +/- 5% within a week. Noting that I Could easily make a profit by entering at some where near the trough, I further added my position of hph first at 45.5c then on Monday at 49c.
The aim was to accumulate it for its juicy dividend..... So I entered 15k shares more....
However this morning there was a further dip to 48.5c and it shook my confidence, making me put a dump order at 49c which was filled... Subsequently by the end of the day it rose further to 51c... I forego usd500 of profits because I panicked.
Lesson learnt
I had not stick to my plan, which was to accumulate on weakness, to build a bigger portfolio of income assets. Especially for counters where I was taking a long position....
Maybe next time I should be more firm in decisions I make.
Now I've 15k of money to reinvest.
Probably re enter hph when opportunity arises
No comments:
Post a Comment